Follow Us
Top

This 21-Day Walking Plan Will Help You Lose Weight

In today’s modern time, people pay too much attention to exercising and dieting. They constantly try to make a better version of themselves and they do this by doing intensity workouts and practicing strict diets. However, this is not the right way to go about this.

The only thing you need is to start maintaining a healthy lifestyle improve your diet and focus on simple training. It is recommended that you use the basic 80/20 rule which shows that 80 % of your weight loss will come if you make changes in your diet and the other 20% will come from your physical activity.

If you are a newbie in the fitness lifestyle, you can start your journey with walking since it can provide you with a list of benefits including: stronger bones and muscles, improved mood, managing different health conditions and improved balance and coordination.

Below, we present you our 21-day walking plan which will help you lose weight:

Easy: Light stroll

Moderate: Increased pace, but able to speak clearly

Fast: Difficulties while talking

WEEK 1

Day 1 – Start with 10 minutes and maintain an easy and steady pace.

Day 2 – Walk for 12 minutes and maintain an easy and steady pace.

Day 3 – Walk for 15 minutes and maintain an easy and steady pace.

Day 4 – Walk for 18 minutes and try to split them with 9 minutes in the morning and 9 minutes at night.

Day 5 – Walk for 20 minutes and maintain an easy and steady pace, split the walking to 10 minutes in the morning and 10 at night.

Day 6 – Walk for 22 minutes and maintain an easy and steady pace, split the walking to11 minutes in the morning and 11 at night.

Day 7 – Walk for 25 minutes and maintain an easy and steady pace. Walk 13 minutes in the morning and 12 at night.

WEEK 2 – Increase intensity from easy to moderate

Day 8 – Walk 14 minutes and change your pace by starting with 2 minutes easy, 10 minutes fast, and 2 minutes easy cool down.

Day 9 – Walk 16 minutes with a moderate pace.

Day 10 – Walk 18 minutes and change your pace by 3 minutes easy, 12 minutes fast, and 3 minutes easy

Day 11 – Walk 20 minutes with a moderate pace.

Day 12 – Walk 22 minutes by 4 minutes easy, 14 minutes fast, and 4 minutes easy.

Day 13 – Walk 24 minutes with a moderate pace.

Day 14 – Walk 26 minutes by starting with 5 minutes easy, 16 minutes fast, and 5 minutes easy.

WEEK 3 – Increase elevation

Day 15 – Walk up and down the stairs and increase the elevation for 15 minutes. Cool down with 2 minutes of easy walking.

Day 16 – Walk 25 minutes with a moderate pace.

Day 17 – Walk up and down the stairs and increase the elevation for 17 minutes. Add 2 minutes of fast walk.

Day 18 – Walk 27 minutes with a moderate pace

Day 19 – Walk up and down the stairs and increase the elevation for 17 minutes. Cool down with 3 minutes of easy walking.

Day 20 – Walk 30 minutes with a moderate pace.

Day 21 – Fast walk for 25 minutes and end with an 8-minute easy walk.

Share