Believe it or not, lemon water is a simple beverage comprised of two ingredients but it has one-of-a-kind health benefits, both for the body and mind. It will significantly better your health and well-being and you will learn why in the section below.
Why Is Lemon Water so Beneficial?
Drinking lemon water before breakfast is among the healthiest morning rituals. Namely, this is because lemons are rich in vitamins B and C, as well as iron, calcium, potassium, enzymes, magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants.
Here are some of the best characteristics of this potent beverage:
1. It will help you suppress the need for a cup of coffee and it will wake up the body naturally
2. It will elevate your energy levels and boost your mood
3. It will cleanse the digestive tract and encourage morning bowel movement, as well as proper bile production and no bloating, indigestion, or heartburn
4. The antiviral and antibacterial characteristics of lemon are great for those who have the flu, a cold, or a sore throat
5. Lemon water is one of the best ways to hydrate the body and prevent dehydration, especially in the summer months
6. The antioxidants in lemon juice lower the chance of specific types of cancer and they will also neutralize acids as cancer cells are known to spread in an acidic state
7. Lemon water is excellent in removing oral bacteria and it will refresh your breath
8. This drink has the capacity to minimize the creation of mucus and phlegm
9. It will enhance your mental clarity and help you stay more focused with the help of the potassium and magnesium in the lemons
10. Lemon water is known to speed up weight loss and the shedding of fat by speeding up the metabolism and averting cravings
11. The vitamin C present in lemon juice will help you strengthen the immunity and avoid colds and the flu
12. Though lemons have an acidic taste, they are alkaline in nature and they will prevent inflammation, obesity. And serious diseases like cancer by increasing the body’s alkalinity
13. Lemon juice is known to eliminate surplus acid from the joint, which will lower joint inflammation
14. For an elastic and youthful skin, you should definitely drink lemon water because the vitamin C in it will reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
15. Lemon juice has the power to remove toxins and stop the accumulation of waste in the organs, cells, and tissues
How to Make Lemon Water
You will need:
Juice from half a lemon
A cup of lukewarm water
Add the juice to the cup of water and stir well. You can add a tsp of organic honey if you want a sweeter taste. Enjoy!