The thyroid gland is in charge of how the body cells use energy from food in a process we know as metabolism. Since the metabolism influences the temperature of the body as well as the burning of calories and the heartbeat, if there is a lack of thyroid hormone, the body’s processes will slow down.
6 Potent Ways to Lose Weight with the Hypothyroid Diet Method
This is a thyroid disorder in which the thyroid is underactive, i.e. there is a lack of the thyroid hormone, which slows down the metabolism. This may result in weight gain or inability to lose weight regardless of how much a person controls his/her diet.
How to Bring Balance to Your Meals
- Become fully dedicated
- Learn more about refined sugar
- Simple carbs are processed much quicker than others and this increases your feeling of hunger. These carbs are found in white flour products, soda drinks, table sugar, corn syrup products, flavored juices, and packaged cereals and you should avoid them.
- Opt for complex carbs which the body cannot process so fast and this will prolong your satiety. You cannot become addicted to them, as it is the case with simple carbs. Complex carbs are found in oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat, and natural fruit juices and raw fruits.
- Exercising on a regular basis will speed up the metabolism and make the body burn fat better. This will also boost the secretion rate of the hormone and the risk of obesity will be minimized. You can opt for cardio exercises like walking, aerobic, running, etc.
- The fatty acids in veggie oils slow down the function of the thyroid and encourage weight gain. On the other hand, coconut oil has medium-chain fatty acids that better the functioning of the thyroid. They also enhance the glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. You can use it for cooking or eat it raw 20 minutes prior to a meal to better the metabolism and prevent fat deposits.
- raw nuts have good nutrients which the body needs as well as healthy fats. Moreover, they also contain selenium which improves the functioning of the thyroid.
- Apple cider vinegar will balance the hormones, lower the appetite, and promote weight loss. Dilute a tsp of it in a glass of water and drink it daily.
Fish oil supplements can increase the chances for weight loss and the thyroid will be getting its needed amount of omega-3 fatty acids.