Have you ever thought about how bacon gives everything a better taste?
Add bacon to anything the food actually becomes more decadent and savory.
Having this idea in mind the Tahini Bacon Zoodles came to being.
I guess your next question is what are Zoodles?
Since coconut oil onwards, zoodles have become the biggest thing, or maybe not, but either way it is time for you to get to know them.
I assume you’ve tried gluten-filled pasta; however, zoodles are a much better and healthy alternative to that. Why are they healthy? Check out the following health benefits:
- Great source of Vitamin C, which protects your cells from damage caused by free radicals
- Great source of manganese, which works on the production of collagen to make our skin strong and elastic
- Improves eye health with the help of phytonutrients
If you didn’t get it by now, zoodles is actually a word combined from zucchinis and noodles and all you need to make them is an average quality blade or peeler.
For your first zoodle recipe we present you the zucchini noodles drizzled in tahini bacon.
How to make the sauce?
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- 5 tb. Spoons of tahini
- 2 tb. Spoons of lemon juice
- 1 tb. Spoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tb. dried turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tb. Spoons of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of water
What you need for the noodles?
- 4 medium size zucchini
- Red pepper flakes for the topping
- Fresh marjoram or basil for the topping
How to do it?
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a blender, or any food processor you have. Blend everything together until it’s combined and if you feel it’s too thick just add another ¼ cup of water to make the density to your liking.
- Get a blade and make spirals out of the zucchinis
- Heat up a pan on medium-low heat, add the noodles and the sauce and stir with tongs until it blends perfectly and the zucchini are dipped in the sauce
- Put them in a bowl, put the red peppers and marjoram on top and voila