You may be surprised to hear that pineapple is not just a delicious fruit. It is full with nutrients and antioxidants which act as a shield for the cells whenever they are exposed to dangerous substances. There is a mixture of substances found in pineapple and it is called Bromelain. This mixture has the ability to reduce inflammation, stop the growth of tumors, and prevent excessive blood clotting if it is introduced in therapeutic doses as a treatment.
Another benefit related to pineapple is its feature to protect the eyes from muscular degeneration. This was published in a 2004 issue of “Archives of Ophthalmology”. This magic fruit also works as a support for the immune system and also helps in energy production.
Our bodies use Vitamin C to protect the DNA and other molecules against damage caused by free radicals and a great deal of the health benefits of pineapple come from this vitamin. Iron absorption and collagen production are also influenced by Vitamin C. We all need strong bones, a strong connective tissue, and balanced sex hormones and the manganese in pineapple regulates these issues.
There are other nutrients which can be found in pineapple and some of them include:
- Fiber (Consumption of fiber helps in digestion and weight loss)
- Folic acid (It helps in red blood cells production and Alzheimer’s prevention)
- Pantothenic acid (Gives energy and improves metabolism)
- Vitamin B1 (Provides benefits for the nervous system)
- Vitamin B6 (Provides benefits for the brain and it burns carbs)
- Copper (Makes our tissue and bones stronger and improves our blood cells)
Pineapple- The natural detoxifier
Even though there are a lot of toxins in our body which damage our cells, we find a way to live with that. One of these ways, which is essential for our health, is to detox our body. The human body is designed in a way that it detoxifies itself, but there are other tasks that it has to perform and this is where we should help.
One of the most important things we should do to help the body do the detox is drink plenty of water. This way, we’ll always be fresh and fueled in order to stay healthy.
The pineapple diet is a 4-day eating plan, which will detoxify the whole body, but it will also help you lose weight. Once you have finished this 4-day diet, you should go back to your regular eating regime.
- Breakfast -2 slices of organic pineapple and whole grain toast (low sugar jam spread)
- Lunch – 2 slices of pineapple and 200 grams of grilled tuna with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Dinner -2 slices of pineapple with 200 grams of grilled chicken breasts and lettuce salad with olive oil and vinegar
- Breakfast-2 Slices of pineapple with a slice of bread (low-fat cheese spread)
- Lunch-Grilled beef steak with olive oil and 2 slices of pineapple
- Dinner – Plant vegetables spread and 2 slices of pineapple
Repeat day 1
- Repeat day 2
This detox diet is not high in calories and you will experience moments of anxiety and lack of energy. This is a normal reaction of the body because it takes time for it to understand what’s going on.
HBP, diabetes, and patients with kidney problems should not try this diet. If you decide to start the diet, you should consult your physician and make sure that pineapple is not interfering with your prescribed therapy.